Powered By Blogger

Friday, June 25, 2010

Common - Geto Heaven ft. Macy Gray

Searchin for a love, throughout the ghettoYoung girls is thick, righteousness is narrowI got my third, I want the sparrowWant my peoples straight and rock sweet apparrelThe mother of my child, we not togetherBaby its your back, I got foreverAs the weather, talks to usHim rockin the holy spirit walks through usThe blunted eyes of the youth search for a guideA thug is a lost man in disguiseThe rise and fall, of a nation, even when the buildings tumbleI still stand tall, I walk through the valley, wit a life preserverFeelin at times, that I might just murderYo but that aint what I was sent forI want folks to say his life it meant moreThan ? any ca, any ba ca? any broadHe found geto heaven in himself and godLove, your happiness dont begin wit a manStrong woman, why should you depend on a manI understand you want a man thats resourcefulIf he pay your bills, he feel like he bought youTalkin to a friend, about what love isHer man didnt love her, cuz he didnt love hisHugged her from afar, said what I feltYou never find a man, till you find yourselfTime helps mistakes, you can learn fromCuz one man fucked up men you shouldnt turn fromYou want a certain type of guy, gotta reach a certain point tooAt the destination, a king will annoint youGoin through the storm, many bodies stay warmThat relationship died, for you to be born, you worth moreThan anything you could cop in a storeFor you to grow he had to go so what you stoppin him forNot even I could ignore bein alone its hardFind heaven in yourself and god

No comments:

Post a Comment